In conjunction with the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) Wellness Week and the Annual Membership Meeting, the OAFP Foundation (Foundation) will host a virtual Family Medicine Party! Join us to connect with your Ohio family medicine family for an evening of celebration. This casual evening of fun is set for Friday, August 13, starting at 7 p.m.
The informal programming will include an overview of Foundation programs, recognition of the 2021 Family Physician Mentorship Award and Philanthropist of the Year recipients, and trivia!
The switch to a virtual OAFP Annual Membership Meeting again this year impacts the Foundation’s annual fundraising activities including its wine pull. During the Virtual Family Medicine Party, Foundation trustees will encourage attendees to make a contribution to support the Foundation’s mission of cultivating student career choice in the specialty of family medicine. This year’s Leroy A. Rodgers, MD, Preceptorship Program has 72 students participating. Based on program outcomes, we’re likely to see at least 23 of those students choose family medicine in just three short years!
- Amount of years you’ve been a family physician
- Value of the wine bottle (or other drink of choice) you’re enjoying
- $21 to honor someone that’s been amazing in 2021
- $75 to support one day of a student’s stipend in the Preceptorship Program
- $375 to support one week of a student’s stipend in the Preceptorship Program
- $1,500 to support a full, 4-week student stipend in the Preceptorship Program
- Purchase one or more quilt tickets and be entered to win a custom-made quilt by OAFP Past President Sarah Sams, MD. The winning ticket will be selected virtually during the Annual Membership Meeting on Sunday, August 15.
All donations can be made on the Foundation’s online donation portal. We will announce our totals periodically as the night goes on!
If you plan to join us, please register through Zoom in advance. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the party.
BONUS: To add to the fun, the Foundation has created a list of fun, summer drinks to try. Buy your supplies and be ready to mix it up on Friday, August 13. If alcohol isn’t for you, not to worry, all of these options taste just as great as a mocktail! Check out the list for all the ingredients you’ll need. We will poll everyone during the party to see which flavors are the favorites.
We look forward to “seeing” you there! If you have any questions, please contact Director of Foundation and Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie.