The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians offers a variety of opportunities that you can use to deliver your organization’s message. These opportunities include community & corporate engagement opportunities as a Partner in Health or sponsoring a non-continuing medial education activity; display and classified advertising in our quarterly magazine and website; sponsoring our weekly e-newsletter; sponsoring our monthly resources email; purchasing a membership mailing list; exhibiting at or sponsoring our events; and becoming an OAFP Foundation Corporate Member.
Community & Corporate Engagement Opportunities
Our community and corporate engagement opportunities are designed to facilitate connections that focus on building long-term relationships through cutting-edge education and targeted communications. Recognizing those who are making a commitment to family medicine in Ohio and patients across the state is paramount to the success of this multi-faceted partnership opportunity.
We want to be there for you by opening doors and building relationships so that when members find themselves in need of information, products, or services, they only need to look as far as the Academy and our partners that exist to support them.
Partners in Health
This exciting program recognizes community and corporate supporters as not only partners in family medicine but “Partners in Health.” Participants in this program receive a web linked logo or ad/graphic recognition on the Partners in Health resources page on the OAFP website for one calendar year. Additionally, your physician-focused, multi-media content will be cross promoted in OAFP’s communication vehicles and maintained on the Partners in Health resource page for an entire year.
- Recognition in OAFP’s communication vehicles highlighting our partnership and driving physician attention to your online resources on a quarterly basis
- Recognition in OAFP’s quarterly magazine, The Ohio Family Physician (TOFP), which has a print and digital circulation of more than 7,000
- Recognition in the OAFP annual report, which is distributed annually at the Family Medicine Celebration each August and included in the fall issue of TOFP
- Sponsorship discount in OAFP’s weekly e-newsletter, Weekly Family Medicine Update, which is delivered to more than 4,500 subscribers
- Annual subscription to OAFP’s quarterly print and digital publication
- The OAFP will follow your organization on Facebook and share your stories with fellow followers (posts are at the discretion of the OAFP.)
To discus becoming one of our Partners in Health, please contact Kate Mahler, CAE, or call 614.914.5626.
Sponsorship of a Non-Continuing Medical Education (CME) Activity
The OAFP provides regular opportunities for family physicians to gain educational knowledge, enhance their practice management skills, and to build closer relationships with their peers from across the state. Your organization can gain exposure during these high value member programs by sponsoring a non-CME activity at one of these member events. The sky is the limit and creativity abounds. Let us brainstorm with you to discover the right sponsorship opportunity for your organizational goals.
To discus sponsoring a a non-CME activity, please contact Kate Mahler, CAE, or call 614.914.5626.
Bite-Sized Learning Sponsorship
Created to serve as an opportunity for members to come together during a time when connecting and learning from each other is crucial, these mildly-moderated learning sessions take place at 8 p.m. on the second Sunday of each month on the OAFP Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Previous sessions have provide information, tips, resources, and more from topics ranging from telemedicine and COVID to social justice, population health, and family medicine leadership.
The OAFP will accept one sponsor per session for up to six sessions. Through the interview/presentation with the session moderator, the sponsoring organization is able to share their company’s resources and information with our family physician members.
Sponsors will be recognized in Academy communications promoting the session and on the Academy’s social media. All sessions will be archived on the OAFP website, Facebook, and YouTube pages.
Advertise in OAFP Publications
The Ohio Family Physician
The Ohio Family Physician (TOFP) is a quarterly membership magazine with a print and digital circulation of more than 7,000 published in March, June, September, and December. The magazine serves as a vehicle for the OAFP to communicate important dates, partnerships, conferences, opportunities, and other news with its members as well as features on clinical topics and other subjects that affect today’s family physicians including physician wellness, practice management and technology, social determinants of health, health care advocacy and legislation, and so much more!
Your organization may use this publication as a tool to help meet your marketing or recruiting objectives. By advertising in TOFP, you can reach a large, highly targeted audience at a reasonable rate.
The OAFP accepts up-to 3 pages of article sponsorships per issue of TOFP (a single page article or a 2-page article spread). For more information, view the Sponsored Article Rates and Agreement, contact Lauren Heberling, or call 614.914.5627.
For information on the cost to place a display advertisement in TOFP, please contact Jessesa Youngblood at PCI Publishing or call 800.561.4686 ext. 115.
Weekly Family Medicine Update
The Weekly Family Medicine Update (WFMU) is a weekly e-newsletter delivered to more than 4,500 subscribers containing important news about health care advocacy and legislation, important dates, partnerships, conference opportunities, and other member news.
Sponsorships are accepted from organizations interested in providing articles that are of interest to family physicians. Sponsorship levels vary. Please view the Sponsorship Rates and Agreement for more information.
To secure a WFMU sponsorship, please contact Emily Pavoni or call 614.914.5628.
Monthly Sponsored Resources Email
A new initiative for 2020, the Monthly Sponsored Resources Email is a unique opportunity to promote educational content, videos, and websites in a custom designed email delivered directly to the inboxes of approximately 2,700 family physicians across Ohio the last Thursday of each month.
For information on the cost to be included in the resource email, please view the Sponsorship Rates and Agreement.
To secure a WFMU sponsorship, please contact Emily Pavoni or call 614.914.5628.
The official website of the OAFP averages more than 10,000 page views per month and nearly 5,000 users per month. The OAFP accepts classified advertising and display advertising from organizations interested in sponsoring individual sections of the website.
To place a display or classified advertisement on the website, please contact Lauren Heberling or call 614.914.5627.
Exhibit at OAFP Conferences
The OAFP welcomes exhibitors and education and hospitality grants for our conferences. Please contact Communications Coordinator Lauren Heberling or call 614.914.5627 to discuss the following opportunities.
Family Medicine Workshop
The Family Medicine Workshop will examine a broad spectrum of topics and concerns of clinical interest and relevance to primary care physicians. The objective is to provide information on diagnostic techniques, advanced technical theory, current research, problem solving methods, and management techniques within the core content areas of family medicine. The program is scheduled over two weekends with each two-day weekend course covering major topic areas for more than 20 continuing medical education credits. Between the two weekends, more than 120 family physicians will attend this unique educational experience.
The 2021 Family Medicine Workshop will be held virtually Saturday-Sunday, January 16-17 & 30-31.
- Behavioral Medicine
- HCV Treatment in the Family Medicine Clinic
- Primary Care & COVID-19
Exhibiting virtually at the Family Medicine Workshop is a great way to get exposure for your company with Ohio’s family physicians.
- Linked company name on the OAFP website event page that takes registrants to your virtual exhibitor “booth” which includes the following:
- Company logo
- Company details (up-to 250 words)
- Links to collateral materials
- Company contact information
- Linked company name in event promotion articles featured in the OAFP’s weekly e-newsletter, the Weekly Family Medicine Update (WFMU) (circulation more than 4,500)
- Linked company name in promotional blast emails to the OAFP membership
- Social media promotion on the OAFP Twitter and Facebook pages
- Company reference in post-event edition of the WFMU
- Company reference in post-event article in the spring 2021 issue of The Ohio Family Physician, our quarterly
magazine, which will mail in March (print and digital circulation more than 7,000)
- Final attendee list following the Family Medicine Workshop
- Company’s virtual exhibitor “booth” available on the OAFP website until March 1, 2021.
Family Medicine Celebration
Each August, members of the OAFP come together to determine the policies and priorities of the OAFP during the Family Medicine Celebration. In addition to the business and committee meetings held throughout the weekend, the annual meeting also offers innovative continuing medical education sessions, an advocacy luncheon, and an American Board of Family Medicine knowledge self-assessment activity.
With members’ safety and attention to their patients top priorities of the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians during this unprecedented time, the Family Medicine Celebration has been cancelled.
In its place, an Annual Membership Meeting will be held virtually in August 2021.
The OAFP leadership and staff share in members’ disappointment in missing this annual source of dynamic continuing medical education programming and networking with colleagues. However, we remain confident this is the right decision for family physicians, their practices, and their families.
The OAFP Board of Directors and staff greatly appreciate the service and sacrifice of all who continue to display profound courage during the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to bringing the family of family medicine together again in 2022!
Annual Membership Meeting (Virtual)
The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians will be hosting a virtual Annual Membership Meeting in August 2021 in lieu of the Family Medicine Celebration, which is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Election and installation of officers
- Discussion and approval of bylaws amendments
- Recommendations that require approval from the membership.
Exhibiting virtually at the Annual Membership Meeting meeting is another great way to get exposure for your company with Ohio’s family physicians. Check back in June 2021 for virtual exhibiting details.
Purchasing a Membership Mailing List
To purchase a membership mailing list (names and primary mailing address) from the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians, please send the following items to the OAFP:
- Signed and dated OAFP Membership Mailing List Request Form
- Sample of literature or survey to be mailed to OAFP members
- Approved Continuing Medical Education (CME) Programs — A list may be purchased by entities promoting educational activities approved for CME.
- Research/Surveys — A list may be purchased by organizations and individuals for the purpose of involving OAFP members in surveys and research projects. Permission to use the list for a research/survey project in no way implies an endorsement of the study by the OAFP. The decision as to whether a list will be provided shall be determined solely on the basis of the following guideline:
The request must clearly state the objectives of the study and indicate the use to be made of the results. A sample of the survey must be submitted for review.
- Other Promotional Mailings — A list may be purchased by organizations and individuals for the purpose of marketing a program, product, or service. However, the proposed mailing piece must be submitted to the OAFP for review before a list will be made available. The decision as to whether a list will be provided shall be determined solely on the basis of the following guideline:
The mailing piece promotes a program, product, or service that reasonably can be expected to be of interest to OAFP members by virtue of its relevance to the clinical and socioeconomic practice of medicine.
Mailing labels are available in pressure sensitive type (peel and stick) at $0.15 each. A $10 shipping and handling fee will be added to each order.
Electronic lists of names and primary mailing address are available as an Excel file sent via email for $100 per order plus $50 per thousand names.
Lists are sold for one-time use only. Before a list is sold, the proposed mailing piece must be submitted to the OAFP for review. If a list is to be used more than once, an explanation of how each time it will be used must be provided. The list and the information contained thereon are not to be reproduced in any form or sold to any other party without the prior written consent of the OAFP. Orders may be cancelled at any time prior to processing. However, refunds or credits cannot be issued once the request for a list has been processed.
For more information on purchasing a mailing list, please contact Director of Membership Emily Pavoni or call 614.914.5628.
Become an OAFP Foundation Corporate Partner
The OAFP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, is the only charitable organization in Ohio that exists to cultivate student career choice in the specialty of family medicine, ensuring a thriving family physician workforce for Ohio.
Family physicians provide comprehensive, continuing care to all members of a family thus contributing substantially to a healthier quality of life and valuable health care cost containment measures.
Your company’s corporate partnership means that you support Foundation programs and are playing a vital part in creating a healthier Ohio for all citizens.
Please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 614.914.5629 with any questions.