The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is a statewide professional association with nearly 5,000 members, including practicing family physicians, family medicine residents, and medical students. Since 1948, the OAFP has represented the professional interests of Ohio family physicians, provided postgraduate medical education, and encouraged medical students to enter this field and to advance the patient-physician relationship.
The OAFP is one of the largest, most active chapters of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
The mission of the OAFP is to improve the health of patients by advocating for and advancing the specialty of family medicine and providing valuable solutions to the diverse needs of members.
- Be viewed as the authority in primary care and trusted voice on family medicine issues
- Be recognized as the leading advocate and primary source of support for members and patients in the changing health care landscape
- Be champions of diversity, Equity, and inclusion
- Empower family physicians to achieve professional excellence and personal satisfaction
- Ensure a workforce sufficient to provide every Ohioan with access to a personal family physician
- Be a model organization on the regional, state, and national level through visionary leadership.
- Whole patient-centeredness: We always consider what is in the best interest of patients and the ability of our physicians to provide care for the whole patient
- Physician excellence: We champion best practices and evidenced-based methods to provide outstanding patient care
- Integrity: Our physicians and partners can rely on the soundness of data and information we provide
- Collaboration: We consider the broad spectrum of interests of our members and collaborate effectively with peer organizations to enhance the quality of care for all Ohioans
- Leadership: We believe that visionary physician leadership is critical to influencing the future direction of health care delivery.