Members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and others (LGBTQ+) community often experience significant disparities in health outcomes and barriers to health care access. Family physicians have the opportunity to have an impact on the health of their LGBTQ+ patients by taking the lead in meeting their medical and social needs.
Register yourself, your practice, or residency group today for the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) live webinar Advancing LGBTQ+ Health Equity: Understanding HIV PrEP and Transgender Hormone Therapy on Thursday, August 19, at 7 p.m.
Salt Lake City, UT, family physician Erika A. Sullivan, MD, MS, will teach us how to use appropriate language and patient pronouns, understand the basics of providing transgender hormone therapy, describe the importance and components of taking a comprehensive sexual health history, and understand the clinical guidelines for providing human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in a primary care setting. OAFP member Natalie Hinchcliffe, DO, will moderate the webinar.
- Understand the personal and institutional changes needed to reduce LGBTQ+ health disparities and increase access to care
- Describe the factors which can help to create a safe space for LGBTQ+ identified patients within a clinical setting
- Understand the basics of providing transgender hormone therapy in a primary care setting
- Describe the importance of and components of taking a comprehensive sexual health history
- Describe the clinical guidelines for providing HIV PrEP in a primary care setting.
- OAFP members: $75
- Non-Ohio AAFP members: $100
- Non-Members: $150
- Residents & Students: $25.
Groups of 10 or more can receive a 20% discount off their total registration cost. Please contact Caitlin Laudeman to process a group registration.
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.5 Live Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
For more information about the program, please contact Director of Education Erin Jech or call 800.742.7327.
For questions regarding registration, please contact Coordinator of Events & Foundation Programs Caitlin Laudeman or call 800.742.7327.