The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) created Easy Performance Improvement (EasyPI), a peer-reviewed, curated collection of online educational resources, to support family physicians in completing a a self-guided PI project in practice and receive credit for the work they do.
EasyPI will guide you through the process of evaluating background information for a specific condition, determining how this information should drive patient care, and implementing team-based practice change to improve patient outcomes.
After implementing your chosen PI initiative, EasyPI resources provide step-by-step instructions on how to submit your work to the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) through its Self-Directed PI Project: Clinical Pathway application. Self-Directed PI projects fulfill an ABFM PI requirement, add 20 ABFM points to your portfolio, and equate to 20 CME credits through the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
As a new initiative for the OAFP, we would love your feedback on your current comfort in completing a PI activity for ABFM credit. In order to gauge effectiveness of this new tool, EasyPI, please take a few moments to share initial feedback before diving in by completing a quick survey.
And, once you’ve reviewed the content and/or submitted a project for credit, please let us know how it went by completing the post-survey.
Get started by selecting your topic track of choice!
Each of the topic tracks include materials such as the following:
- ABFM journal club articles, American Family Physician articles, Family Practice Management articles, and other articles of note
- Guidelines on the condition
- Information about health equity concerns around the condition.
Performance Improvement Process
- Example PDSA cycles and information about how to create your own PDSA
- Support choosing quality measures
- Explanation of quality measure selection
- Ideas for quality measures for the condition
- Examples of interventions to implement that address sample quality measures
- Support to implement team-based care
- Support for process mapping
- Data collection information and tips.
ABFM Performance Improvement
- Explanation of the ABFM Self-Directed PI Project: Clinical Pathway
- Step-by-step guide on how to submit an application for credit.
All you need to make quality change in your practice, improve patient outcomes, and earn ABFM and American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) CME credit is a click away.
|Watch the video to the right to hear from project champion Ryan Kauffman, MD, FAAFP, as he shares more about how EasyPI was created and all of its benefits alongside Mike Sevilla, MD, FAAFP, during August’s Bite-Sized Learning session.
Choose your topic and go!
Additional topics will be added to this page soon.
Please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.
Financial support for this program was provided by the AAFP Foundation to the Family Medicine Philanthropic Consortium (FMPC) and is funded by members like you! Help programs like this continue to support family medicine by giving to the AAFP Foundation. Select “Chapter Grants” when making your gift online. Thank you!