Welcome to the health equity/social determinants of health (SDOH) track page. The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) has curated all of the information you will need to complete a self-guided performance improvement (PI) project focused on health equity and addressing SDOH in practice in order to earn American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) PI and continuing medical education (CME) credits.
As a new initiative for the OAFP, we would love your feedback on your current comfort in completing a PI activity for ABFM credit. In order to gauge effectiveness of this new tool, EasyPI, please take a few moments to share initial feedback before diving in by completing a quick survey.
And, once you’ve reviewed the content and/or submitted a project for credit, please let us know how it went by completing the post-survey.
Let’s Get Started!
- As needed, review the background information and guidelines for health equity and SDOH.
- Determine what factor of health equity or SDOH you want to address – you may already be aware of equity gaps, may identify gaps by doing process mapping, or may use your Electronic Health Record to review data to find opportunities for improvement.
- Review the Performance Improvement Process Materials, complete the process mapping, determine your quality measures and interventions, and create a quality improvement plan.
- Collect preliminary data.
- Implement your change. Note: you will select the length of the PI activity (at least seven (7) days, but not more than 12 months).
- Collect post-intervention data.
- Submit your project for ABFM credit. See the ABFM Performance Improvement Activity section for detailed directions.
The resources provided below can be used prior to and during your PI project. Choose the resources you need most. You don’t have to click on every link included. There are a variety of options to match where you might be in your quality journey. There’s something for everyone, no matter if this is your first PI activity or 30th!
Resources with indicate there may be additional CME credit available upon completion.
Point of Care Tools/Clinical Decision Support
Performance Improvement Process Materials
ABFM Performance Improvement Activity
If you have any questions regarding materials on this page or the PI process in general, please contact Deputy Executive Vice President Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.