Workshop attendees took knowledge received back to the many Ohio counties they collectively represent. Participants of the two-weekend case study conference learned innovative techniques and clinical discoveries on topics ranging from cardiovascular to infectious disease and dermatology to population health.
- Immunology presented by Roger Friedman, MD, from Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians in Columbus, OH
- Pharmacology presented by Cari Brackett, PharmD, from The Ohio State University (OSU) College of Pharmacy in Columbus, OH, and by John Gabis, MD, of Adena Pickaway Ross Family Physicians in Chillicothe, OH
- Cardiovascular presented by Gaurang Gandhi, MD, from TriHealth Heart Institute in Cincinnati, OH
- Infectious Diseases presented by Rodney Kusumi, MD, from Infectious Disease Consultants, Inc. in Columbus
- Pulmonary presented by James Allen, MD, from OSU in Columbus
- Dermatology presented by Michael Conroy, MD, from Dermatologists of Greater Columbus in Columbus
- Population Health presented by Andy Wapner, DO, from OSU College of Public Health and Michele Shough and Ashley Davis from the Ohio Department of Health in Columbus
- Hematology/Oncology presented by Mark Segal, MD, from Mid Ohio Oncology in Columbus.
Each presenter represented the best in his or her field. Their participation guided workshop participants toward continued excellence.
An opportunity to participate in an American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA) and Clinical Self-Assessment (CSA) on Hypertension was new to Course 1 this year.
Included in Course 2, was a joint injection workshop sponsored by OrthopedicONE. Attendees heard from orthopedic specialist and were then able to practice shoulder and knee joint injection skills on mannequins.
Workshop evaluations continue to state attendee’s enthusiasm for the program. They enjoy the opportunity to connect with colleagues and friends while appreciating the knowledge and experience the speakers have to offer.
Plan to attend the 2018 Family Medicine Workshop and join this enthusiastic group of life-long learners. Discussion topics will include neurology, renal, behavioral medicine, and obstetrics/gynecology, to name a few.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Hemosure Inc.
- Medical Advantage Group
- New York Life
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Ohio Physicians Health Program
- WeCare TLC
A special thanks to our 2017 Workshop sponsor OrthopedicONE.
To view photos from both weekend courses, please visit the OAFP Facebook page.