The 55th annual Family Medicine Workshop held January 13-14 and January 27-28 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin, OH, despite the cold and inclement January weather, was attended by nearly 100 family physicians each weekend!
Participants of the two-weekend case study conference learned innovative techniques and clinical discoveries on topics ranging from renal to urology and OB/GYN to neurology.
- Renal presented by A. Dean Agra, MD; Chakravathi Ramaswamy, MD; Kevin O’Reilly, MD; and Paul Kovach, MD; from Columbus Nephrology in Columbus, OH
- Behavioral Medicine presented by Paul Hershberger, PhD, ABPP, from Wright State University in Dayton, OH
- Rheumatology presented by Kevin Hackshaw, MD, from The Ohio State University (OSU) Wexner Medical Center in Columbus
- Urology presented by George Ho, MD, from Mount Carmel Health Urological Surgery in Columbus
- OB/GYN presented by Anita Somani, MD, from Comprehensive Women’s Care in Columbus
- Neurology presented by Steven Simensky, MD, PhD, from OhioHealth Neurological Physicians in Columbus
- Psychiatry presented by Elizabeth Menefee, MD, from Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH
- Metabolic/Endocrine presented by Benjamin O’Donnell, MD, from the OSU Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, OH.
The Workshop included an opportunity to participate in an American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA) and Clinical Self-Assessment (CSA) on Diabetes on Sunday during Course 1.
Included in Course 2 was a Splint & Fracture Management Workshop sponsored by Orthopedic ONE. Attendees heard from two orthopedic physicians who provided a hands-on demonstration on the proper technique of fracture splinting. Those that participated welcomed the chance to refresh their skills in a stress-free environment.
Workshop evaluations continue to state attendee’s enthusiasm for the program. They enjoy the opportunity to connect with colleagues and friends while absorbing the knowledge and experience that the speakers have to offer.
Plan to attend the 2019 Family Medicine Workshop and join this enthusiastic group of life-long learners. Discussion topics will include gastrointestinal, ENT, ophthalmology, pediatrics, geriatrics, general surgery, and orthopedic surgery, just to name a few.
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Clear Medical Systems
- Gilead Science Inc.
- HealthSource of Ohio
- Hemosure Inc.
- Learn the Signs. Act Early.
- LifeCare Alliance
- Ohio Physicians Health Program
- Recovery Works
- Sickle Treatments and Outcomes Research in the Midwest
- Summa Health
- The Emily Program.
A special thank you to our members, speakers, and community partners who continue to support the Family Medicine Workshop; a hallmark program of the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians.