Are you set to take your American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) board exam next year or in 2020? In order to sit for the exam, you are required to complete at least one performance improvement (PI) activity in your last 3-year stage. Have you completed a PI activity yet?
If not, the 2018 Quality Improvement (QI) Summit set for Saturday, April 7, in Columbus, OH, will fulfill this requirement. We will even compensate your team for taking part in this quality-based activity.
- 20 total Certification points for completing the module
- 20 continuing medical education (CME) credits from the American Academy of Family Physicians for completion of the module
- 4 CME credits from the AAFP for participating in the live QI Summit on Saturday, April 7
- Free registration for you and up to three members of your care team to attend the QI Summit
- Travel reimbursement for all team members to attend the QI Summit
- $250 practice stipend for completing the module after a five-month intervention period
- Register yourself and up to three team members for the QI Summit set for Saturday, April 7. Choose one of four topic tracks that will be your team’s focus:
- Receive an email from the OAFP staff in March with instructions on how to log into your corresponding online QI module. You will enter practice data, 10 patient charts (the module will explain how to pull these charts), receive an analysis of data that will show any gaps in patient care in relation to your chosen topic, and choose an intervention of change to implement over five months. You’ll then be locked out of the module for five months while you implement your change.
- With your chosen intervention in hand and team members beside you, you’ll attend the QI Summit on Saturday, April 7, at the Hilton Columbus at Easton. You’ll hear from expert speakers on current trends and up-to-date guidelines and work together as a team in a workflow and process mapping exercise to find gaps in care and plan for more efficient action steps to reach your goal.
- With your action plan in hand, you and your team will head back home to implement it. Don’t worry if it’s not working out exactly as you’ve planned, your action plan is flexible – use the information you gathered during the Summit to edit the plan for success.
- After five months of implementation, you will be reminded to re-enter the online QI module. There, you will enter practice data and 10 patient charts to receive outcomes data. Participants in prior year programs have shown real, positive change in patient care – you will too!
- Once the module is complete, you will receive 20 ABFM credits for completing a PI activity, 20 CME credits from the AAFP. Not to mention, the OAFP will send you a $250 stipend for all your hard work.
Fulfill your ABFM requirements just in time to sit for your exam!
Register today – spots are filling up fast!
Application CME credit will be filed with the AAFP.