The OAFP Foundation is seeking nominations for its 2020 Family Physician Mentorship Award.
This award recognizes a community-based Ohio family physician who, as a preceptor, has exhibited exemplary qualities/characteristics of mentorship excellence.
If you know someone who meets or exceeds the eligibility requirements listed below, please submit a letter of nomination! Let us honor someone who is making an outstanding difference in the family medicine community through mentorship.
- A nominee must be a family physician preceptor who is not a fully affiliated, paid faculty member of a medical school.
- Leroy A. Rodgers, MD, Preceptorship Program family physician preceptors are eligible for nomination but nominations are not limited to those program preceptors.
*Preference given to OAFP members.
- Is an outstanding community-based Ohio family physician mentor/preceptor role model
- Provides encouragement and constructive feedback
- Provides guidance for individual’s career goals, career planning and growth
- Helps individuals through personal exploration, identification of core values
- Provides close, supportive, and collaborative relationship
- Provides advice and skills development
- Has been in practice more than three years.
Nomination Guidelines & Process
Ohio medical school departments of family medicine, Family Medicine Interest Group Advisors, medical students, and residents are encouraged to nominate preceptors who have demonstrated exemplary precepting skills.
Individuals who have been nominated, but not selected, will be considered as candidates for up to three years following the year in which they were nominated.
Nominations must be received by Wednesday, July 1.
Foundation Family Physician Mentorship Award
4075 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43214-3296