Paid Advertisement by Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (Ohio AAP) has developed the Building Mental Wellness (BMW) Learning Collaborative to help anyone who provides care for children develop the breadth and depth of clinical skills necessary to confidently provide family-centered, coordinated care to children and families with emotional, developmental, or behavioral issues.
- Approximately 21% — 1 out of every 5 — U.S. children and adolescents meet diagnostic criteria for a mental health or substance abuse disorder with impaired functioning
- An estimated $247 billion is spent each year on childhood mental disorders
- Yet only about 20% of children receive needed services.
The free online education from the BMW consists of 11 unique modules that provide users with tools and tips that can be immediately implemented in practice. Physicians and other health care professionals can complete modules one at a time at a pace that fits their schedule and matches their interests.
Upon completion of each module, participants will receive FREE continuing medical education (CME) credit. In addition, users who complete six modules will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and those who complete all 11 modules can earn a total of $100 in Amazon gift cards. Simply enter the code “OAFP” in the referral box when you claim your CME after completing the module. All modules can be accessed at on the BMW website.
- Purposeful Parenting: CME Credit – 1.25
- Evaluation and Management of Common Sleep Problems: CME Credit – 0.75
- Positive Parenting in a 15-Minute Visit: CME Credit – 1.0
- Identifying and Supporting Children Exposed to Trauma: CME Credit – 1.0
- Identification and Initial Management of Substance Use: CME Credit – 0.75
- Anxiety Treatment in Primary Care: CME Credit – 0.5
- Where the Action is! Screening Emotions, Development, and Behavior: CME Credit – 1.5
- Evidence Informed Pharmacotherapy: CME Credit – 0.75
- Recognizing and Managing Caregiver Depression: CME Credit – 0.75
- Mental Health and Children with Developmental Disabilities: CME Credit – 0.5
- Preparing your Office to Support the Emotional, Developmental, and Behavioral Needs of Your Patients and Their Families: CME Credit: 1.25
For more information about the BMW eLearning Modules, or to complete one today, visit the BMW website.