The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is accepting articles for The Ohio Family Physician (TOFP), a quarterly magazine distributed to nearly 5,000 family physicians, family medicine residents and medical student members in Ohio.
The winter issue will focus on Fitness & Wellness. As the year comes to a close, there is no better time to focus on improving your overall well-being, as well as the health of the patients you serve.
If you or someone you know is interested in having their work published, please contact Communications Coordinator Lauren Heberling or call 800.742.7327 no later than Friday, September 27, with the article’s topic. The deadline submitting articles is Friday, October 11.
- General interest articles should be approximately 600 words in length. Clinical articles may be as long as 1,000 words.
- The content should relate to the interests of family physicians, family medicine residents, and medical students with an interest in family medicine. If you are uncertain about the suitability of your material, please review past issues, contact Ms. Heberling or call 800.742.7327.
- Essays on controversial topics will be judged individually on their merits. The editor reserves the right to accept or reject individual contributions in the interest of the readership, space availability and good taste. The editor also may revise copy with these considerations in mind.
- When composing your article, please write in plain English and avoid jargon, complexity, and passive sentences as much as possible. Organize your thoughts logically and simply.
- Review your material to perfect both the content and word choice. Prior to submitting the article, it is helpful to have someone else review your copy for readability.
- Please proofread your final copy to ensure accuracy.
- When submitting your article, please include your contact information (full name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number).
For questions or additional information, please contact Ms. Heberling.