As a physician, you’ve dedicated your career to caring for your patients’ health and well-being. With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, patients’ health care needs have spiraled and the hazards of providing that care have intensified. Despite this, you rose to the challenge. While you continue to work on the front lines of a global pandemic, you’re now preparing to take your place at the forefront of a massive vaccination initiative.
You’ve shouldered an incomprehensible amount of stress and grief. It’s more important than ever before that you care for your own well-being, and the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) is here to support you!
The OAFP will lean into its strategic priority “to bring the joy back to family medicine,” and provide a week full of joy, delivered directly to you!
Each day next week, you will receive an email filled with information on topics that are related to a daily wellness theme. You can choose to engage immediately or revisit when you have the time and space to do so.
Throughout the week, the OAFP will also host live presentations and discussions via the OAFP Facebook page and YouTube channel where expert speakers will share small chunks of content under that day’s theme.
Overall, the OAFP will provide a space for members to engage in content that will spark a new sense of joy in what they do and improve their well-being, reduce burnout, and ultimately improve patient care.
- Sunday, August 8, at 8 p.m., join OAFP President Mike Sevilla, MD, for the next Bite-Sized Learning session as he has a conversation with OAFP member Mike Holliday, MD, about overcoming burnout and the personal struggles and reflection it takes to get there.
- Monday, August 9, at 3 p.m., “System-Based Wellness Initiatives” with Laurie Hommema, MD, and Mike Holliday, MD. Monday’s theme is professional wellness.
- Tuesday, August 10, at 3 p.m., “Mental Wellness & Emotional Health,” with Nelson Heise and Sarah Thompson from the Ohio Physicians Health Program. Tuesday’s theme is mental wellness & emotional health.
- Wednesday, August 11, at 3 p.m., “Building Community Connections: There’s Joy in That,” with Kim Yu, MD. Wednesday’s theme is finding and renewing your why.
- Thursday, August 12, at 4 p.m., “Burnout and the Family Physician Ecosystem,” with Clif Knight, MD, Heather Woods, and Stephanie Mueller from the American Academy of Family Physicians. Thursday’s theme is personal health.
- Friday, August 13, at 7 p.m., join the Family Medicine Party hosted by the OAFP Foundation. Register today! Friday’s theme is embrace and prioritize your creativity: have fun!
Get a head start and see what Wellness Week is all about by taking a sneak peek at the Wellness Week webpage.
If you have any questions, please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.