COVID-19 vaccinations for children ages 5-11 can begin as quickly as possible now that the federal review and authorization process is complete.
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is sharing updated Provider Guidance for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccines for Children Ages 5-11.
- Packaging and dosage
- Storage and handling
- Pediatric considerations
- Data reporting
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is expected to publish complete clinical guidance in the near future. ODH will share those resources as soon as they are available.
- Large quantities of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine formulation shipped directly by the manufacturer:
- The minimum order is 300 doses, and the maximum order is 600 doses
- Ordering is available in the “COVID-19-Pfizer” order set in VOMS
- Orders placed the week of November 1 are expected to arrive late the following week, after Wednesday, November 10
- In the near future, the direct shipment minimum will be reduced to 100 doses.
- Small quantities of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine formulation will be repackaged and shipped by the RSS warehouse:
- The order quantity is 50 doses
- Ordering is available in the “COVID-19-Pfizer 30” or “COVID-19-Pfizer RSS” order sets in VOMS
- Delivery began on November 9 for orders that were placed by November 4, at 6 p.m. In the future, orders will follow the standard Tuesday/Thursday/Friday RSS delivery cadence.
The ODH COVID-19 Provider website is a hub for a variety of resources for vaccine providers. Vaccine providers with questions may call the ODH Provider Call Center at 1.844.9ODHVAX (1.844.963.4829) between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays or email COVIDVACCINE@odh.ohio.gov.