Fourteen chapters of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) have joined forces to develop a three-part webinar series to recognize that in the midst of chaos, family physicians have a unique opportunity to harness and forge their own financially successful practice management path.
The primary goal of the series is to provide family physicians and their practice teams with high-value education on critical practice management issues during this time of unparalleled crisis in American healthcare. By learning to be nimble and adapting to change, practices are capitalizing on innovation like never before – hear how a few family medicine practices are thriving.
Webinars are provided free of charge, so register today!
Sustaining Telehealth in Family Medicine: Today and Tomorrow
Thursday, May 28, at 8 p.m. EDT
- William ‘Chuck’ Thornbury, MD – family physician, Glasgow, KY
- Jen Brull, MD – Post Rock Family Medicine, Plainville, KS
Moderator: Greg Griggs, MPA, CAE, Executive Vice President, North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians
- Learn how frontline practices have quickly harnessed telehealth services to optimize practice revenue during this period of extreme health delivery interruption
- Hear practical telehealth strategies that address topics ranging from patient communication and documentation, to workflow and payment processing
- Understand how family physicians and their care teams can successfully incorporate telehealth services permanently into their post-COVID-19 workflow.
Driving Short- and Long-Term Practice Financial Success
Thursday, June 11, at 8 p.m. EDT
- Randy Walker, MD, and Angie Walker (office manager) – Dr. Randy Walker Family Practice & Allergy Clinic, De Queen, AR
- Marc Price, DO – family physician, Mechanicville, NY
Moderator: Tom Banning, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Vice President, Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- Identify opportunities where practices can cut costs and create revenue infusing needed capital into their practice when they need it most – NOW
- Understand how to build staff capacity so billable events can be streamlined into a financially successful workflow
- Share untapped revenue strategies that practices can incorporate to diversify their practice’s long-term financial health.
The Future of Family Medicine in the Post COVID-19 World
Thursday, June 25, at 8 p.m. EDT
- Shawn Martin – Senior Vice President, Advocacy, Practice Advancement and Policy; Incoming Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, AAFP
- Farzad Mostashari, MD – Aledade Co-founder and CEO; former National Coordinator for Health Information Technology at the Department of Health and Human Services; and served as a distinguished expert at the Brookings Institute’s Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform
Moderator: Lisa Folberg, Chief Executive Officer, California Academy of Family Physicians
- Reflect on how family physicians stepped forward to meet the challenges posed by COVID-19 and how the pandemic magnified critical gaps and spotlighted unique opportunities for improving our health delivery system
- Learn how prospective, population-based payments for primary care could fundamentally reframe the health care system and bolster the specialty of family medicine
- Understand what the Primary Care Marshall Plan is and what it could mean if implemented for the future of family medicine in the post COVID-19 world.
Application for continuing medical education (CME) credit has been filed with the AAFP. Determination of credit is pending.
Chapters involved in developing the programming include: California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia.
Aledade Inc., is supporting this educational program by providing registration services and assisting with live webinar production and post program archival access. Aledade Inc., did not have any influence in the development of the CME content. Basic contact information will be collected for webinar registration purposes. At the conclusion of each program, physicians will have the opportunity to complete the program evaluation, receive additional resources, or withdrawal their contact information from the registration database.
Aledade Inc., is an Ohio Academy of Family Physicians Partner in Health – an OAFP chapter initiative that provides free online resources to patient education and high-value practice tools that support family physicians and their care teams deliver optimal frontline care. Through these educational assets, OAFP’s community and corporate partners demonstrate their commitment to family medicine as your partners in health.