The OAFP Foundation is seeking two resident and two student members to serve as delegates and alternate delegates to the 2019 American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) National Resident & Student Congresses in Kansas City, MO, Thursday-Saturday, July 25-27.
Selected delegates will receive a scholarship from the Foundation to cover up to $1,200 in eligible expenses for the trip to Kansas City.
Not only will the official delegates have the opportunity to attend the conference, they will also have the opportunity to speak and vote on recommendations that come before the Congresses for consideration and vote in elections to select resident and student leaders to the AAFP Board, AAFP Congress, American Medical Association (AMA), etc.
- Represent Ohio Academy of Family Physicians resident and student members at the national policy making forum
- Run or apply for elected positions and other leadership opportunities in the AAFP
- Receive instruction in parliamentary procedure and informed decision-making
- Participate in special discussion groups and develop and debate resolutions
- Learn about AAFP’s strategic priorities and how the Academy and other key organizations are addressing issues of importance to residents and students.
- Must have participated in one OAFP activity
- Be a resident or student member in good standing with the OAFP and the AAFP
- Be a resident in good standing in your residency program and student in good standing at your University
- Disclose other funding received to attend the National Conference/Congress.
- The resident or student delegate/alternate delegate application
- CV (two-page maximum)
- Statement of interest (no more than one typewritten page) explaining your interest in family medicine and why you wish to represent Ohio medical residents/students at the Congress.
Mail: OAFP Foundation | 4075 North High St. | Columbus, OH 43214
Deadline to apply is Monday, May 6.
For more information, visit the Foundation website.
If you have questions, please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.