The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) is accepting articles for the 2021 spring issue of The Ohio Family Physician, a quarterly magazine distributed to over 5,000 family physicians, family medicine residents, and medical student members in Ohio.
The spring issue’s theme is Intersections of COVID-19.
- Clinical changes and/or transitions
- Mental health management
- Practice implications
- Vaccine confidence.
If you or someone you know is interested in having their work published, please contact Communications Coordinator Lauren Heberling no later than Wednesday, December 30, with an intended article topic. The deadline for submitting articles is Friday, January 8, 2021. Space is limited and articles will be accepted at the discretion of the editorial team on a first-come, first-served basis.
- General interest articles should be approximately 600 words in length. Clinical articles may be as long as 800 words.
- The content should relate to the interests of family physicians, family medicine residents, and medical students with an interest in family medicine. If you are uncertain about the suitability of your material, please review past issues, contact Ms. Heberling or call 800.742.7327.
- Essays on controversial topics will be judged individually on their merits. The editor reserves the right to accept or reject individual contributions in the interest of the readership, space availability, and good taste. The editor also may revise copy with these considerations in mind.
- When composing your article, please write in plain English and avoid jargon, complexity, and passive sentences as much as possible. Organize your thoughts logically and simply.
- Review your material to perfect both the content and word choice. Prior to submitting the article, it is helpful to have someone else review your copy for readability.
- Please proofread your final copy to ensure accuracy.
- When submitting your article, please include your contact information (full name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number).
For questions or additional information, please contact Ms. Heberling.