Paid Advertisement by MedPro Disposal
It’s no secret that medical waste disposal can be expensive. With the cost predicted to grow in the future based on population growth and an increase in health care services, many facilities are looking for ways to cut costs.
Here are five factors to consider if you think you are overpaying for your medical waste services:
- Frequency of pickup—Consider how appropriate your service is for your needs. Can you request one pickup for more waste containers?
- Types of waste—50-85% of regular waste is incorrectly disposed of as biohazard waste, which is estimated to cost eight times more to process.
- Insurance coverage—Having a company with appropriate insurance coverage for transporting and disposing of waste is vital. You need protection in case your medical waste is improperly packaged.
- Bundle services—By combining services, you can save more in the long run. Bundle Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), pharmaceutical, and medical waste disposal.
- Rightsizing—Work with a reputable vendor that will get you the right service for your needs and save you money.
If you’re curious to see if you’re overspending, MedPro Disposal is an alternative, low-cost medical waste disposal solution that can provide you a free quote to determine how much you can save.
Last year alone, we helped thousands of practices realize an average of $2,500 in annual savings, or more than $13,000 over their contract period.
- Medical and biohazard waste disposal (including sharps collection and removal)
- Pharmaceutical waste disposal (controlled and non-controlled)
- OSHA compliance training.
Get a free proposal by calling 888.707.3124 or visiting the MedPro Disposal website.