The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is seeking two resident and two student members to serve as delegates and alternate delegates representing Ohio to the 2017 American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) National Resident and Student Congress. In conjunction with the National Conference, Congress takes place in Kansas City, Mo., Thursday–Saturday, July 27 29.
- Receive a scholarship from the OAFP Foundation to cover up to $1,200 in eligible expenses for the trip to Kansas City
- Represent OAFP resident and student members at national policy making forums
- Run or apply for elected positions and other leadership opportunities in the AAFP
- Receive instruction in parliamentary procedure and informed decision making
- Participate in special discussion groups, and develop and debate resolutions
- Learn about AAFP’s strategic priorities and how the Academy and other key organizations are addressing issues of importance to residents and students respectively.
- Have participated in at least one OAFP activity
- Be a resident or student in good standing with the OAFP and the AAFP
- Be a resident in good standing at his or her residency program or student at his or her medical school
- Disclose other funding received to attend the conference (please note: other funding received by official Ohio delegates to attend the conference will be deducted from the Foundation scholarship).
- A complete resident or student application
- A current CV
- A statement of interest (no more than one typewritten page) explaining their interest in family medicine and why they wish to represent Ohio at the congress.
Preference is given to applicants who are currently serving or have served on OAFP committees, workgroups, taskforces resource teams, or as a resident delegate to the OAFP Members Assembly.
The deadline to submit an application has been extended to Friday, May 19.
If you have questions, please contact Coordinator of Events and Foundation Programs Paige Schortgen or call 800.742.7327.