Source: State Medical Board of Ohio
Effective December 1, 2016, the following entities are required to submit the specified dispensing, personal furnishing, or wholesale sale information on all products containing gabapentin to the Ohio Automated Rx Reporting System (OARRS):
- All prescribers, except veterinarians, located within this state that personally furnish gabapentin to outpatients, including samples
- All pharmacies located outside this state and licensed as a terminal distributor of dangerous drugs (TDDD) that dispense gabapentin to outpatients residing in this state
- All pharmacies located within this state and licensed as a TDDD that dispense gabapentin to all outpatients.
- All wholesalers licensed as a wholesale distributor of dangerous drugs that sell gabapentin at wholesale shall report those drug transactions
- All pharmacies licensed as a TDDD that sell gabapentin at wholesale shall report those drug transactions.
Pharmacists are required to report it to OARRS for studying. Physicians and prescribers are not required to check OARRS prior to prescribing gabapentin.