The Ohio Physician Wellness Coalition (OPWC), which represents Ohio physicians and hospitals and focuses on addressing physician burnout, launched six videos in its continuing medical education (CME) wellness video series.
- Addiction: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Relapse: What Physicians Need to Know to Treat or Be Treated. Presented by Nelson H. Heise, MA, MA, PCC-S, LICDC-CS, clinical director of Ohio Physicians Health Program (OPHP).
- Balancing it All: A Physician’s Guide to Understanding and Managing Stress, Burnout, and Resiliency. Presented by Mr. Heise.
- Boundaries for Healthcare Professionals. Presented by Douglas Beech, MD, a board certified psychiatrist in central Ohio.
- Isolation and Socialization in Medical Professionals. Presented by William Resch, DO, a psychiatrist at OhioHealth and past president of the Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association.
- Mental Health Issues in Medical Students and Residents. Presented by Alan B. Levy, MD, a psychiatrist at OhioHealth.
- Meditation and Mindfulness for Emotional Well-Being. Presented by Mr. Heise.
- Mental Wellness for the Attending Physician. Presented by Sallie Wilson Luther, DO, an anesthesiologist and founding member of Suicide Awareness and Voices for Education (SAVE) US Dayton.
- The Benefits of Counseling and Therapeutic Support. Presented by Mr. Heise.
- The Power of Vulnerability. Presented by Mr. Heise.
- The Science and Art of Gratitude. Presented by Christina M. Delos Reyes, MD, FASAM, an addiction psychiatrist at University Hospitals Cleveland and chair of the OPHP.
- Time Management: How to Manage Your Time as a Physician. Presented by Jordan Allison, PsyD, a psychologist/behavioral health consultant at Mercy Health Partners.
These 11 videos are available for FREE on the OPWC website.
The Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide CME for physicians. The OSMA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 American Medical Association Physicians Recognition Award Category 1TM Credit, and is providing the CME at no cost. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The estimated time of completion is 1.0 hour for each module.
Funding for these courses has been made possible through the generous support of the Academy of Medicine Education Foundation (AMEF) and the Ohio Hospital Association (OHA). The OPHP staff have been instrumental in coordinating these courses and making them available online for physicians.
OPWC members include the Academy of Medicine of Cleveland & Northern Ohio; the Columbus Medical Association; the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians; the Ohio Hospital Association; the Ohio Osteopathic Association; the Ohio Physicians Health Program; the Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association; the OSMA; Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics; and the Ohio Chapter, American College of Emergency Physicians.