The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians will have a large delegation attending the Family Medicine Congressional Conference (FMCC) scheduled for Sunday-Tuesday, April 17-19, 2016, in Washington, DC.
Sponsored by the AAFP and the Council of Academic Family Medicine (CAFM), FMCC educates participants on family medicine’s legislative priority issues, trains attendees on how to lobby on Capitol Hill, and allows participants to put these skills to use with federal legislators and their staff.
- Tom Houston, MD – president
- Ryan Kauffman, MD – president-elect
- Suellywn Stewart, MD – attending as key contact
- Randy Wexler, MD – attending as FamMedPAC chair
- Sarah Sams, MD – attending as chair, AAFP Commission on Governmental Affairs
- Julie Petersen, DO – attending as resident member, AAFP Commission on Governmental Affairs
- Marcus Wing, DO – attending as AFMRD resident scholarship recipient
- Anna Askari – attending as AAFP medical student scholarship recipient.
Advocacy is a high priority of both the AAFP and the CAFM organizations. Every family physician and educator can learn how to be effective in Washington and at home.
Congratulations to those Ohio family physicians selected to attend and receive scholarships.
Registration is open for other OAFP members to attend at their own expense.