The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) has released updated amounts that physicians and other health care professionals can charge for copying medical records in 2017.
The Ohio Revised Code requires that the ODH use the Consumer Price Index to determine the amount of increase or decrease in costs for providing medical records. The increase for 2017 is a 1.26% increase from 2016.
- $3.11 per page for the first 10 pages
- $0.65 per page for pages 11-50
- $0.26 cents per page for pages 51 and over
- An initial fee, which compensates for the records search: $19.17
- $1.26 per page for the first 10 pages
- $0.65 for pages 11-50
- $0.26 for pages 51 and over
For an X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging, or computerized axial tomography scan, recorded on paper or film, the maximum charge is $2.13 per page. The actual cost for postage may also be charged.
These fees are effective for 2017.