The 2018 Quality Improvement Summit will be held on Saturday, April 7, at the Hilton at Easton in Columbus, OH, and let us tell you, it’s a can’t miss opportunity! You will earn American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Family Certification credit and approximately *25 continuing medical education (CME) credits by participating. However, register fast, space is limited per topic and selected on a first come, first served basis. Claim your spot today!
Ohio Academy of Family Physicians members and their practice teams have the unique opportunity to take part in a quality improvement (QI) summit where practice teams meet outside of their normal office setting and discuss the importance of effective and efficient teamwork and its impact on patient care.
Teams will have the opportunity to pick from one of the following four topic tracks: Hypertension Management (20 teams to be selected), Colorectal Cancer Screening Improvement (15 teams to be selected), Diabetes Prevention and Management (20 teams to be selected), or Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Early Detection (15 teams to be selected).
Teams will hear from expert speakers in their chosen topic track on best practices in screening protocols, up-to-date guidelines to follow, and the importance of QI in patient care and population health as a whole.
In addition to the team training experience on Saturday, April 7, participants will also utilize online modules that have been custom developed for each of the four clinical topics. By utilizing the module, practices will be able to measure their team engagement, benchmark patient data, select a pathway for care delivery intervention, and re-measure outcome data after a six-month change period. The module will systematically guide participants through a Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycle as a method to improve patient care and recognize practice success.
More information on the Summit and each individual track can be found on the OAFP website.
- Free registration for up to four members of the care team to attend the Summit on Saturday, April 7, at the Hilton Columbus at Easton in Columbus
- Travel reimbursement for each team member attending the Summit
- AAFP Live Prescribed CME credits for participation in the summit (approximately *5 CME credits). These are transferable to all members of the care team.
- A $250 stipend for each team that completes the chosen topic’s online module and any
additional data collection requirements
- After completion of the chosen module, physicians will earn ABFM Family Medicine Certification Performance Improvement Activity credit and 20 AAFP Performance Improvement in Practice credits.
- Practices can also use their participation in the QI process to complete their Improvement Activity requirement for the MIPS track in MACRA.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact Deputy Executive Vice President, Kate Mahler, CAE, or call 800.742.7327.
*Application for continuing medical education credit will be filed with the AAFP.