The CME Roadshow & KSA – Findlay was held on September 16 at the Hancock Hotel in Findlay, OH. The event was a wonderful experience for physicians in attendance at the first Academy event at the venue and the first in-person event since March of 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The limited registration allowed for plenty of space for attendees to hear from speakers on a variety of topics, enjoy a meal together, and participate in an American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) group knowledge self-assessment (KSA) on behavioral health care. Attendees expressed appreciation for a week-day event, and the availability of continuing medical education (CME) and KSA opportunities in their region of Ohio.
- Physician Wellness and Surviving the Pandemic presented by Mike Sevilla, MD, FAAFP, from Family Practice Center of Salem in Salem, OH
- Lifestyle Medicine presented by David Drozek, DO, FACLM, from the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens, OH
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery presented by Robyn Chatman, MD, MPH, CPE, FAAFP, from CleanSlate Center in Cincinnati, OH
- COPD presented by Nizar Daboul, MD, from Maumee, OH
- KSA: Behavioral Health Care led by Ryan Kauffman, MD, FAAFP, from Hickory Medical Direct Primary Care in Bellefontaine, OH.
If you missed this in-person the CME opportunity, the OAFP will be hosting a Limiting Implicit Bias Training on Wednesday, November 3, at the Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center in Lewis Center, OH, and the 2022 Family Medicine Workshop Saturday-Sunday, January 15-16 & 29-30, 2022, at the Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris Hotel in Westerville, OH.
The CME Roadshow & KSA – Findlay was successful in part due to the generosity of AstraZeneca. Thank you for your support!