This award recognizes a community-based Ohio family physician who, as a preceptor, has exhibited exemplary qualities/characteristics of mentorship excellence.
The award recipient will be honored Saturday, August 13, during the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians Academy Awards Dinner, which is part of the annual Members Assembly held at the Columbus Marriott Northwest, Dublin, OH.
- A nominee must be a family physician preceptor who is not a fully affiliated paid faculty member of a medical school.
- Leroy A. Rodgers, MD, Preceptorship Program family physician preceptors are eligible for nomination, but nominations are not limited to those program preceptors.
- Individuals who have been nominated, but not selected for 2015, will be considered as candidates for up to three years.
The selection committee will evaluate award recipients based on demonstration of the following criteria:
- Is an outstanding community-based Ohio family physician mentor/preceptor role model
- Provided encouragement and constructive feedback
- Provided guidance for the individual’s career goals, career planning, and growth
- Helped the individual through personal exploration and identification of core values
- Provided close, supportive, and collaborative relationship
- Provided advice and skills development
- Has been in practice more than three years.
- Ohio medical school departments of family medicine, family medicine interest group advisors, medical students, and residents are encouraged to nominate preceptors who have demonstrated exemplary precepting skills
- Letter of nomination must address award criterion
- To nominate an individual, please send a letter of nomination to:
OAFP Foundation Family Physician Mentorship Award
4075 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43214-3296
Nominations must be received by Friday, May 6.