A new school-based health care toolkit has been released for schools and health care providers as a resource to either begin a new school-based health partnership or augment one that already exists.
The goal in its design was creating a toolkit that gives tactical advice and resources to excite schools and care providers about school-based health care.
- What is school-based healthcare and how can I use this toolkit?
- How do I get started?
- How do we operationalize our partnership?
- How can we ensure a sustainable model?
- Difference in billing between Medicaid school-based programs and school-based health care.
- Information on day-to-day logistics for physicians and other medical personal working within a school.
- How do we measure success?
The toolkit is the product after many years of collaboration between the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio Department of Medicaid, the Governor’s Office of Health Transformation, the Ohio Department of Health, and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
Additional opportunities to formally link schools with physicians and other primary care providers are slated to take place this summer with more details to follow at a later date.
If you have interest in establishing or discussing options for school-based health care services within your community, please contact Deputy Executive Vice President Kate Mahler, CAE, or call 800.742.7327.