This year’s American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students (National Conference) will have plenty of opportunities for medical students and residents to learn, network, and be inspired through family medicine! National Conference is set for Thursday-Saturday, July 28-30, in Kansas City, MO.
The OAFP Foundation (Foundation) is seeking two resident and two student members to serve as primary and alternate delegates to the National Congress of Family Medicine Residents (NCFMR) and the National Congress of Student Members (NCSM) held during National Conference. Each delegate and alternate delegate will receive a $1,200 stipend from the Foundation to participate in National Conference and the congresses.
- Represent OAFP’s resident and student members at national policy making forums
- Vote for elected positions and other leadership opportunities in the AAFP
- Receive instruction in parliamentary procedure and informed decision making
- Participate in special discussion groups and develop and debate resolutions
- Learn about the AAFP’s strategic priorities and how the Academy and other key organizations are addressing issues of importance to students and residents.
For additional information on the delegate role, view the AAFP’s Chapter Delegate Fact Sheet.
Eligibility guidelines, application requirements, and the application are available on the resident and student sections of the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians website. The deadline to apply is Monday, May 9.
For questions regarding the delegate role or application process, please contact Caitlin Laudeman.