The OAFP Foundation is seeking nominations for its 2018 Family Physician Mentorship Award.
This award recognizes a community-based Ohio family physician who, as a preceptor, has exhibited exemplary qualities/characteristics of mentorship excellence.
The award recipient will be honored on Saturday, August 18, during the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians Academy Awards Dinner, which is part of the Family Medicine Celebration (annual meeting) being held at The Grand Event Center in Columbus, OH.
If you know someone who meets or exceeds the eligibility requirements listed below, please submit a letter of nomination! Let us honor someone who is making an outstanding difference in the family medicine community through mentorship.
- A nominee must be a family physician preceptor who is not a fully affiliated paid faculty member of a medical school.
- Leroy A. Rodgers, MD, Preceptorship Program family physician preceptors are eligible for nomination but nominations are not limited to those program preceptors.
- Individuals who were nominated, but not selected for the award in 2017, will be considered as candidates for up to three years.
- Is an outstanding community-based Ohio family physician mentor/preceptor role model
- Provided encouragement and constructive feedback
- Provided guidance for individual’s career goals, career planning and growth
- Helped individual through personal exploration, identification of core values
- Provided close, supportive, and collaborative relationship
- Provided advice and skills development
- Has been in practice more than three years.
Ohio medical school departments of family medicine, Family Medicine Interest Group Advisors, medical students, and residents are encouraged to nominate preceptors who have demonstrated exemplary precepting skills.
Individuals who have been nominated, but not selected, will be considered as candidates for up to three years following the year in which they were nominated.
Foundation Family Physician Mentorship Award
4075 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43214-3296
Nominations must be received by Friday, May 4.