Source: Health Policy Institute of Ohio
The Health Policy Institute of Ohio (HPIO) has released Connections Between Education and Health No. 4: School-Based Drug and Violence Prevention and Mental Health Promotion.
- Increased on-task behavior, school engagement, and high school graduation
- Decreased school behavior problems and disciplinary incidents
- Decreased depression, anxiety, and suicide
- Decreased school violence and bullying.
- Prevention education
- Social-emotional learning and positive behavior programs
- School climate improvement initiatives.
The brief describes the extent to which Ohio is implementing these approaches and presents policy options to improve education and health outcomes through school-based prevention.