Attention students and residents, Tuesday, June 1, is the final day to submit an application to be considered for a scholarship to the American Academy of Family Physician’s (AAFP) virtual National Conference for Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students (National Conference), set for Thursday-Saturday July 29-31 from the AAFP Foundation!
Registration for National Conference is underway and offers a variety of opportunities for medical students and residents to learn, network, and be inspired through family medicine. The AAFP Foundation is offering $200 Family Medicine Leads (FML) Scholarships for students and residents to attend National Conference. FML focuses on filling the workforce pipeline with the best and the brightest, as well as supporting the development of future family medicine leaders.
**The OAFP Foundation will offer a limited number of $200 medical student scholarships (from non-selected AAFP Foundation FML Scholarship applicants) to attend National Conference. To be eligible for this scholarship opportunity from the OAFP Foundation, students MUST apply for an AAFP Foundation FML scholarship.
The OAFP Foundation is seeking two resident and two student members to serve as primary and alternate delegates to the AAFP’s National Resident & Student Congresses (Congress). Delegates will receive a $200 scholarship to participate in National Conference and the Congress from the OAFP Foundation.
- Promoting National Conference attendance to other students and residents.
- Participating in online discussions about issues important to students and residents in their state.
- Attending all business sessions of the appropriate Congress (student or resident) at National Conference.
- Participating in Regional Breakout rooms at National Conference to discuss candidates and other important issues brought before the Congress.
- Voting for national resident and student leaders via electronic ballot.
Eligibility guidelines, application requirements, the application are available on the resident and student sections of the OAFP website. For additional information on chapter delegate roles and responsibilities, view the AAFP Chapter Delegate Fact Sheet.
The deadline to apply is Monday, June 14. Applicants will be notified by Thursday, July 1.
Please contact Coordinator of Events and Foundation Programs Caitlin Laudeman with any questions.