The 2016 Ohio Tobacco Prevention and Cessation campaign is a week-long effort to encourage all Ohioans to quit smoking and prevent youth from starting tobacco use. The awareness campaign runs Monday-Friday, December 5-9, and will highlight the 10th anniversary of Smoke-Free Ohio.
The campaign will feature a full media blitz including radio, web, and other public and legislative activities that encourage tobacco-free living. As family physicians, you have a unique opportunity to mark Smoke-Free Ohio’s milestone by sharing tools and support materials to patients wanting to quit – this week and beyond.
Looking for practical patient care strategies or resources to collaborate with community-based organizations? We’ve got what you need to help your nicotine dependent patients kick the habit – today.
- The American Academy of Family Physicians’ Healthy Interventions Tobacco and Nicotine Toolkit for practices and patients
- Ohio’s Tobacco Quit Line (800.784.8669)
- Freedom From Smoking patient education website provided by the American Lung Association
- American Cancer Society’s Quit For Life App (available in the Apple and Google Play stores)
- Helpful “Kick Butt” video message from Shelly Meyer for viewing in your waiting room.
Additional information can be found on the Tobacco Free Ohio website or by calling 888.227.6446.