The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is seeking a total of 20 family medicine practice teams to take part in a training session set for Saturday, March 19, to discuss the importance of effective and efficient teamwork and its impact on patients diagnosed with hypertension. Practice teams will be selected on a first come, first served basis—register your team today! There are only 4 spots left!
Participants will gain insight into the “Check it. Change it. Control it.” program, learn the benefits of a team-based approach to care, and learn the practice impact of setting an office protocol that supports high blood pressure prevention and control. The entire team will come together in a setting outside of the office and gain insight into each team member’s piece of the puzzle.
In addition, the selected practices will be among the first to use the OAFP’s newly created Hypertension Module that has been accredited by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) for Maintenance of Certification for Family Physicians (MC-FP) Part IV credit and by the American Academy of Family Physicians for 20 Performance Improvement in Practice credits.
- Identify up to four members of the care team to attend the Million Hearts Quality Improvement (QI) Team Training Program on Saturday, March 19, at the Embassy Suites in Dublin, OH
- Utilize the hypertension module to enter chart data, select a pathway of intervention, and re-enter data after six months of protocol intervention
- Report the percent of patients diagnosed with hypertension that are in control as a baseline measurement and at a six-month re-measurement.
- Complimentary registration and mileage reimbursement for you and three other members of your care team to attend the Million Hearts QI Team Training Program – free continuing medical education credit will be offered to all on-site participants
- $250 practice stipend after completion of the module and collection of the six-month re-measurement data
- 100 copies of the printed “Check it. Change it. Control it.” toolkits and free access to digital toolkit materials
- Access to QI specialists from CliniSync to provide onsite assistance with data collection and project implementation
- ABFM MC-FP Part IV credit and 20 AAFP Performance Improvement in Practice credits upon completion of the hypertension module.
If you have any questions, please contact Director of Events & Foundation Programs Kaitlin Smith or call 800.742.7327.
This QI initiative is supported by the Ohio Department of Health and the OAFP.