The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) recently developed and accredited Health Equity: Leading the Change, a five-part self-study learning series which is free and currently available to Academy members only.
- Striving for Health Equity (1.75 continuing medical education (CME) credits)
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health (1.25 CME credits)
- Supporting Vulnerable Populations (1 CME credit)
- Championing Economics and Policy to Reduce Health Disparities (1.25 CME credits), and
- Understanding the Impact of Climate Change on Population Health (1.25 CME credits).
- Watch recorded videos led by experts in health equality
- Download supplemental materials
- Easily access specific sections to address your or a patient’s unique needs
- Revisit and review the learning session at any time.
After completion of all five sessions, members can earn up to 6.5 enduring CME credits from the AAFP. The AAFP also offers credit reciprocity so that members of your care team can also take advantage of these valuable learning tools.
Plus, the AAFP and the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) are working together to also provide self-assessment points for completion of the series. Members who are diplomates of the ABFM can earn 2.5 self-assessment points towards the 50 point total for each of the five modules. If you complete all five, that’s 12.5 certification points! Note, these do not satisfy the Knowledge Self-Assessment requirement, but they do provide “Alternative Self-Assessment” points.
If you have any questions, please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie.