The AAFP Foundation Family Medicine Cares Resident Service Award provides $16,500 to support a first- or second-year resident to address health disparities by conducting a 12-month project that addresses an unmet health care need in his/her community. Up to two awards will be presented annually.
- Resident must work with an organization that provides health care (e.g., free clinic, health department) to enhance services
- Project must address a health disparity in the community
- Project should have an enduring benefit to the patients and the community that will continue after the 12-month project period
- Resident must present results at the AAFP National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students
- In designing the project, emphasis should be placed on activities that will have an enduring benefit to the patients and the community after the 12-month project period.
Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 15. Please contact Sharon Hunt or call 800.274.2237, ext. 4474 with questions.