With e-cigarette and vaping use rising and more incidences of pulmonary illness being reported among people who have been vaping, education is needed on this trending issue. In response to this issue, the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians, in partnership with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), will host a live, one-hour webinar to update members on the current recommendations, share resources and tools available, and dispel myths on the topic.
The webinar, E-Cigarettes & Vaping: What Family Physicians Should Know, is set for Thursday, December 19, from 3-4 p.m.
Leading the session will be OAFP President-Elect Mike Sevilla, MD, a family physician from Salem, OH. Dr. Sevilla will discuss this hot topic and share everything a family physician should know. There will also be a chance to ask questions live at the end of the presentation.
- Discuss what E-Cigarettes and vaping are
- Review CDC recommendations on vaping
- Review ODH guidelines, resources, and stats related to e-cigarettes and vaping
- Discuss the myths about e-cigarettes
- Understand the possible signs and symptoms of vaping lung injury
- Discuss ways to talk to patients about e-cigarette use.
This webinar is free to OAFP members and their practice teams, has been approved for 1 live Prescribed continuing medical education (CME) credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians, and will be archived on the OAFP website for one year for enduring CME credit.
If you have questions regarding this webinar, please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.