The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is seeking 16 practice teams to join us on Saturday, April 6, at the Embassy Suites in Dublin, OH, to take part in a quality improvement (QI) project to increase colorectal cancer (CRC) screening rates in their practice.
This training will provide practice teams the opportunity to meet outside of their normal office setting to discuss the importance of effective and efficient teamwork and its impact on patient care. Teams will hear from expert speakers on best practices in screening protocols, up-to-date guidelines, and the importance of QI in patient care and population health as a whole.
Expert speakers will focus on the newest evidence-based information related to colorectal cancer, and illustrate how streamlining office procedures can make a positive impact on health outcomes as well as an improved work environment.
Of the practices that completed the program in 2018, an average of 31% saw an increase in CRC screening rates! Not only was this program recognized with the 80% by 2018 National Achievement Award by the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable, it continues to provide practice teams and their patients with positive outcome measures!
- Identify up to four members of the care team to attend the Saturday, April 6, team training day. Attendance by a physician or team champion is required.
- Utilize the CRC screening module, presented by the New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians, to enter chart data, select a pathway of intervention, and re-enter data after six months of protocol intervention.
- Free registration for up to four members of the care team to attend the training day
- Travel reimbursement for each team member attending the event
- A $250 stipend for each team that completes the online module within the six-month program period
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Live Prescribed continuing medical education (CME) credits for participation in the training day
- American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Family Medicine Certification Performance Improvement Activity credit and an additional 20 AAFP CME credits once the module is complete.
Spots are filling fast! With limited space available, registration is being accepted on a first come, first served basis. Secure your spot today!
Please contact Director of Performance Improvement Erin Jech or call 800.742.7327 with questions.