The OAFP Foundation (Foundation) works to cultivate student career choice in the specialty of family medicine and ensure a thriving family physician workforce for Ohio. Foundation programs have benefited thousands of Ohio medical students and residents over the years through educational grants, preceptorship stipends, and scholarships to provide meaningful, family medicine-focused experiences.
During this year of uncertainty, the OAFP Foundation was still able to meet program expectations by adapting its program elements to fit virtual formats. This allowed the Foundation to continue to provide family medicine experiences to over 100 medical students and residents!
- 58 medical students through the Leroy A. Rodgers, MD, Preceptorship Program– adding to the total of over 1,200 students since 1990
- 2 medical students as Ohio’s student delegates to the virtual American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students (National Conference)
- 2 family medicine residents as Ohio’s resident delegates to National Conference
- 7 students received scholarships to attend National Conference
- And over 40 medical students and residents that attended the virtual Ohio-Only Reception during National Conference.
To read more about the Foundation’s impact, read the 2020 Annual Report.
Although this year has been one of uncertainty and change, students and residents across Ohio have shown how they value family medicine and are working hard to become outstanding physicians for their communities. Please consider making a year-end contribution today to ensure medical students have the opportunity to engage in meaningful, family medicine-focused experiences and fill the family medicine pipeline.
- $20 in honor of someone who’s been an inspiration in 2020
- $75 to fund one day of a student’s stipend in the Preceptorship Program
- $130 to fund a student scholarship to attend the virtual National Conference
- $375 to fund one week of a student’s stipend in the Preceptorship Program.
You can make your year-end donation online today or mail a check to the OAFP Foundation, 4075 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43214.
We are so thankful for the support of our individual donors, corporate members, and other partners who make possible the widespread success of the Foundation year after year. For a successful plan and growth moving forward, we need you. Thank you!
For more information, please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.