On March 16, medical students, friends, and family celebrated in the excitement. Promptly at noon, during the annual Match Day, medical students ended the long-awaited anticipation when they tore open their envelopes and learned where they will spend the next phase of their medical careers.
A record-high 35,959 United States and international medical school students and graduates learned of 31,757 residency positions that were filled, the most ever offered for Match Day. This year 3,356 students matched to family medicine.
As a member of American Academy of Family Physicians and the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians, we thank you for your membership and wish you the best of luck in residency—you’re on your way to amazing things!
Along your way, don’t forget about the Academy. We encourage you to keep your membership through residency with AAFP and the OAFP (or other state chapter where you will be completing our residency). You can find valuable resources on our resident webpage and the AAFP resident webpage or by coming to one of our upcoming events.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine–38% of 195 students matched into primary care
- Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine – 18 students matched to family medicine
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine – 14 students matched to family medicine
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine – 18 students matched to family medicine
- Northeast Ohio Medical University – 18 students matched to family medicine
- University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences – 10 students matched to family medicine.