Health care providers across multiple professions have high rates of burnout, depression, and unhealthy lifestyle behaviors. The mental and physical well-being of health care providers has been linked to health care quality, safety, and patient outcomes.
The Inaugural National Summit on Promoting Well-being and Resilience in Health Care Providers, set for Wednesday-Friday, September 26-28, and sponsored by all seven health sciences colleges and the College of Social Work at The Ohio State University, will focus on enhancing wellness and resilience as well as healthy lifestyle behaviors in healthcare providers and health professions students.
Evidence-based practices and research to improve outcomes will be highlighted as well as strategies for integrating health and well-being in health sciences academic programming. View the confirmed keynote/plenary speakers.
- Promoting well-being/healthy lifestyle behaviors in health care professionals
- Promoting well-being/healthy lifestyle behaviors in health sciences students/faculty
- System-wide initiatives to enhance wellness cultures
- Innovations to promote well-being, resilience and healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Title of submission
- Abstract (limited to 300 words), which includes the following headings:
- Background/significance of the problem
- Results (for innovation abstracts, these may not yet be available, but include a plan for outcomes evaluation)
- Implications for linking evidence to action in the real world or in future research.
Presentations will take place Thursday-Friday, September 27-28. They need to be 30 minutes in length, including 5 to 10 minutes for question and answer discussion.
The abstract application deadline is Friday, March 30. An email confirmation of receipt will be sent. An expert panel will review all applications received by the deadline. Notification of results will be conducted by email to the primary contact listed on the submission by Monday, April 30. Confirmation of acceptance is needed no later than Thursday, May 31.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.