Being board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) demonstrates your commitment to an ongoing process of keeping up-to-date and striving to deliver the best care possible to your patients and your community. Your certification means a lot! However, sometimes navigating through the Family Medicine Certification process to organize stage requirements can get a tad confusing. We understand and the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) is here for you!
Join representatives from the ABFM as well as OAFP’s quality improvement champion Ryan Kauffman, MD, FAAFP, on Thursday, November 12, at 7 p.m. for the valuable, FREE webinar ABFM Certification: Making it Relevant, Meaningful, and Tailored to Your Needs.
- Discuss the purpose of certification and its impact on patient care
- Understand the stages in the certification process and activities within each
- Discuss the differences between the Family Medicine Certification Longitudinal Assessment and the one-day exam
- Describe the importance of integrating activities into the work already being done in practice that impact patient care
- Understand individual’s Physician Portfolio navigation
- Discuss best ways to review current processes and find a certification activity to fill gaps in patient care
- Understand the importance of mapping out certification requirements in order to have the most positive impact on patient care possible.
Hear directly from ABFM Executive Vice President Elizabeth Baxley, MD; ABFM Certification Program Manager Erin Myhre; and ABFM Strategic Projects Manager Kevin Graves about all of the updates and changes happening to the certification process. A dedicated Q&A will also be part of the session.
In addition, participants will receive an exclusive look at the new and improved Physician Portfolio and virtual Certification Planner. At the end of the session, there will be a 20-minute small group breakout for those who’d like to stay on and offer feedback specifically on these new tools. Your input will directly impact this work!
If you have any questions regarding ABFM Family Medicine Certification, this is a great opportunity to get your questions answered, to find out what the ABFM has been up to, and what changes have been made to streamline the process. Don’t miss out, register today!
An application for continuing medical education (CME) credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending. We anticipate 1.25 Live Prescribed credits. The session will be recorded, but enduring credit will not be available.
Questions? Please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.