The CME Roadshow and KSA – Canton was held March 12 at Gervasi Vineyard in Canton, OH. There was a wonderful turnout of family physicians and healthcare staff for this inaugural event despite circumstances related to COVID-19.
The event, hosted in Gervasi’s Villa Grande, provided an intimate setting allowing increased time for questions and exploration of topics. Attendees expressed appreciation for a week-day event, and the availability of continuing medical education (CME) and knowledge-self assessment (KSA) opportunities in their region of Ohio.
- Obstructive Sleep Apneaand COPD presented by Kamal Chaban, MD, from Mercy Health Regional Medical Center in Lorain, OH
- Smoking Cessation, Vaping & E-Cigarettes presented by Tom Houston, MD, FAAFP, from the Department of Family Medicine at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH, and Mike Sevilla, MD, FAAFP, from the Family Practice Center of Salem in Salem, OH
- Lunch Presentation: Early Recognition of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and other Interstitial Lung Diseases presented by Leslie Tolle, MD, from the Department of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH
- ABFM Certification: Making it Relevant, Meaningful, and Tailored to Your Needspresented by Ryan Kauffman, MD, FAAFP, from Hickory Medical Direct Primary Care in Bellefontaine, OH
Attendees also had the opportunity to participate in an American Board of Family Medicine KSA on Asthma led by Dr. Kauffman.
If you missed out on the CME opportunities at the CME Roadshow & KSA in Canton, the OAFP is offering an additional Roadshow program in September! On Thursday, September 23, the CME Roadshow & Women’s Health KSA – Findlay will be held at the Hancock Hotel in Findlay, OH; watch for registration to open in July!
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Ohio Department of Health.