Wellness Wednesdays is a structured, bi-monthly webinar series focused on enhancing professional and personal wellness through the joy of medicine offered for free and scheduled on a Wednesday during the typical lunch hour, 12:15-1:00 p.m..
Participants will start each session with a brief overview of the discussion topic and then be led through a practical exercise that will help you learn through self-exploration and personal awareness. Each participant will have the opportunity to share their own insight at the end of the 45-minute program and make connections with their peers who are interested in wellness and professional satisfaction.
Webinar Series Schedule and Registration
|Date||Discussion Topic (register for a session by clicking the title)
|How to Deal with Negative Criticism|
|Coping with the Emotional Impact of Adverse Patient Outcomes|
|Reframing Perspective: Harnessing the Power of Giving Others the Benefit of the Doubt|
- Combating Isolation through Focused Socialization
- Creating a Personal Vision for a Healthy, Happy You
- Creating Emotional Energy through Physical Exercise
- Exploring Tools and Resources for Overcoming Burnout
- How to Approach a Peer Who is in Need of Help
- Mastering the Art of Gratitude
- Meditation for Emotional Well-Being
- Mindfulness: Cultivating A Clearer Mind
- Setting Emotional Boundaries for Healthier Relationships
- Therapeutic Benefits of Counseling
- Time Management Strategies for Busy Docs
- The Power of Vulnerability
- The Virtues of Grittiness and Resiliency
- You Are What You Eat
For more information about the webinar series, please contact Deputy Executive Vice President Kate Mahler, CAE, or call 800.742.7327.
About Our Moderator
|Nelson H. Heise, MA, MS, PCC-S, LICDC-CS, brings over 13 years of experience in the mental and behavioral health arena. Having first joined the OPHP in 2014, Mr. Heise serves as OPHP’s clinical director. His duties include facilitation and oversight of activities involved in participant monitoring and compliance. He is responsible for processing all intake calls and coordinating appropriate assessment, treatment, or community referrals. He supervises all daily clinical activities as well as the monitoring and advocacy program services. He has significant knowledge of addiction and the 12-step recovery program. Mr. Heise received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications from Ohio University, Athens, OH. He is a graduate of the Hazelden Graduate School, Center City, MN, where he received his Master’s Degree in addictions counseling. He also has a Masters of Science Degree in Mental Health Counseling from Capella University, Minneapolis, MN. Mr. Heise is a licensed independent chemical dependency counselor as well as a licensed professional clinical counselor.|