Wellness Wednesdays is a structured, bi-monthly webinar series focused on enhancing professional and personal wellness through the joy of medicine offered for free to all participants and scheduled on a Wednesday during the typical lunch hour, 12:15-1 p.m EST.
Participants will start each session with a brief overview of the discussion topic and then have the opportunity to share their own insight and ask questions at the end of the 45-minute program. It provides a great way to make connections with peers who are interested in these valuable topics.
Session topics, speakers, and the audience have been expanded upon this year thanks to a grant provided by the AAFP Foundation Family Medicine Philanthropic Consortium (FMPC) that was made possible through its Dues Check-Off Program!
Each session brings a new topic and speaker to address themes within wellness and professional satisfaction that we haven’t heard from during previous Wellness Wednesdays sessions. Members from all American Academy of Family Physicians chapters are invited to participate. In addition, we welcome members from organizations in the Ohio Physician Wellness Coalition to participate and join the conversation.
This year’s sessions are sure to be moments of joy you never knew you needed! Below is a list of upcoming topics. Please click on the title link to register for each session.
Webinar Series Schedule and Registration
|Date||Discussion Topic (register for a session by clicking the title)
12:15-1 p.m. EST
Speaker: Jim Saling from Saling Simms Associates
For more information about the webinar series, please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.
Wellness Wednesdays Archive
- Building Meaningful Connections in the Community for You and Your Patients
- Combating Isolation through Focused Socialization
- Coping with the Emotional Impact of Adverse Patient Outcomes
- Creating a Personal Vision for a Healthy, Happy You
- Creating Emotional Energy through Physical Exercise
- Exploring Tools and Resources for Overcoming Burnout
- How to Approach a Peer Who is in Need of Help
- How to Deal with Negative Criticism
- Lifestyle Medicine: Healthy Habits to Improve Your Well-Being
- Mastering the Art of Gratitude
- Meditation for Emotional Well-Being
- Mindfulness: Cultivating A Clearer Mind
- Precepting: Finding Joy in Teaching the Next Generation
- Reframing Perspective: Harnessing the Power of Giving Others the Benefit of the Doubt
- Setting Emotional Boundaries for Healthier Relationships
- Taking the Bull by the Horns: How to Advocate for Your Own Wellness
- Talking with Your Employers About Systems Changes that Address Administrative Burdens
- Therapeutic Benefits of Counseling
- Time Management Strategies for Busy Docs
- The Power of Vulnerability
- The Virtues of Grittiness and Resiliency
- You Are What You Eat