Each summer, Ohio’s “family” of family physicians reunites to connect, recharge, and reignite the passion that makes family medicine so great! Whether your aim is to earn continuing medical education (CME), celebrate a year of family medicine achievements, or simply to have fun, this event is for you.
Items to Note
- Mark your calendar to spend the evening of Friday, August 2, celebrating our award winners and dancing the night away at the Kick-Off Celebration!
- The afternoon sessions on Saturday, August 3, will include valuable CME sessions, an update from the American Academy of Family Physicians, the installation of new officers, and a reception to welcome our new president, Anna McMaster, MD!
- Come socialize with old friends, meet new ones, and celebrate what makes family medicine great during the evening of Saturday, August 3, with our optional add-on event for families and singular physicians alike!
- Innovative and up-to-the-minute CME sessions
- An American Board of Family Medicine knowledge self-assessment and clinical self-assessment
- Inspiring annual awards program and AAFP Degree of Fellow convocation
- Personalized legislative update to keep you informed
- Plenty of opportunities to rekindle old friendships and build new connections.
Schedule of Events
|Friday, August 2
|4:00 p.m.||Registration & Refreshments
|5:00 – 6:00 p.m.||Chronic Pain Management
|6:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Legislative Update
Speaker: C. David Paragas, JD
|7:00 – 7:30 p.m.||Academy Dinner Reception
|7:30 – 9:30 p.m.||
Academy Awards Dinner
|9:30 – 11:30 p.m.||Kick-Off Celebration
DJ and Dancing
|Saturday, August 3
|7:30 a.m.||Registration, Breakfast & Exhibitor Visits
|8:15 – 8:30 a.m.||Welcome & Announcements
|8:30 – 9:30 a.m.||American Academy of Family Physicians’ Physician Health First
Speaker: Kisha Davis, MD, MPH, Family physician at Casey Health Institute in Gaithersburg, MDThe first-ever comprehensive initiative devoted to improving the well-being and professional satisfaction of family physicians, the AAFP is working at every level to help put physician well-being first so physicians can stay passionate about providing quality patient care.
|9:30 – 9:45 a.m.||Break & Exhibitor Visits
|9:45 – 11:00 a.m.||AAFP’s Physician Health First (continued)|
|11:15 – 11:30 a.m.||Break & Exhibitor Visits
|11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Social Determinants of Health|
|12:30 – 12:45 p.m.||Exhibitor Visits
|12:45 – 4:30 p.m.||
|4:30 – 5:15 p.m.||President’s Reception|
(times will vary)
Want to enjoy a casual evening with conference peers? Dine-Arounds are a great way to meet new colleagues, make new friends, and join a stimulating night of conversation and discussion. Sign up to connect with fellow family physicians in an informal setting by visiting a specific restaurant or enjoying a particular type of cuisine at one of Columbus’ best restaurants. Sign-up sheets will be available onsite at the conference. Just chose a restaurant, sign up, and we will do the rest!
Space is limited. All dinners will be self-paid.
|Family Game Night (fee to participate)
Bring the family to enjoy a casual evening with friends and peers playing classic board games, and even some GIANT size! Enjoy a relaxed environment filled with food, fun, laughter, and the company of fellow family physicians and their families. All ages welcome.
|8:30 p.m.||Sweet Dreams Night Cap & Dessert Bar
After a day full of learning and an evening exploring Columbus, join us for a delectable dessert or nightcap before you retire for the night.
|Sunday, August 4
|8:30 – 10:00 a.m.||Board of Directors Meeting|
|9:30 – 10:30 a.m.||Breakfast & Exhibitor Visits|
|10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA): Childhood Illness
|12:00 – 12:45 p.m.||Boxed Lunch & Exhibitor Visits|
|12:45 – 3:00 p.m.||KSA & Clinical Self-Assessment: Childhood Illness (continued)
*Schedule is subject to change.
The OAFP has negotiated a group room rate at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbus/OSU, located adjacent to The Grand Event Center, at 780 Yard St in Columbus, OH, of $126 plus tax per night. Make your reservation online or by calling the hotel directly at 888.797.1886. When calling, be sure to ask the booking agent for the “OAFP 2019 group rate.” The group cut-off date for hotel reservations is Friday, July 12.
Application for live CME credit will be filed with the AAFP and the American Osteopathic Association. Determination of credit is pending.
Exhibiting and Sponsorship Opportunities
For more information about Family Medicine Celebration, please contact Director of Education Erin Jech or call 800.742.7327.