Being board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) demonstrates your commitment to an ongoing process of keeping up-to-date and striving to deliver the best care possible to your patients and your community. Your certification means a lot! However, sometimes navigating through the Family Medicine Certification process to organize stage requirements can get a tad confusing. We understand and the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) is here for you!
On November 12, OAFP’s quality improvement champion Ryan Kauffman, MD, FAAFP; ABFM Executive Vice President Elizabeth Baxley, MD; ABFM Certification Program Manager Erin Myhre; and ABFM Strategic Projects Manager Kevin Graves held a webinar about all of the updates and changes happening to the certification process and gave an exclusive look at the new and improved Physician Portfolio and virtual Certification Planner, set to launch in 2021!
- Discussed the purpose of certification and its impact on patient care
- Understood the stages in the certification process and activities within each
- Discussed the differences between the Family Medicine Certification Longitudinal Assessment and the one-day exam
- Described the importance of integrating activities into the work already being done in practice that impact patient care
- Understood individual’s Physician Portfolio navigation
- Discussed the best ways to review current processes and find a certification activity to fill gaps in patient care
- Understood the importance of mapping out certification requirements in order to have the most positive impact on patient care possible.
This Live activity, ABFM Certification: Making it Relevant, Meaningful, and Tailored to Your Needs, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.25 Online Only Live Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please note, enduring credit is not available for watching the archived session.
Please contact Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs Kaitlin McGuffie or call 800.742.7327.