The organizational meeting of the Medical Marijuana Advisory Committee was held on November 1 at 10 a.m.
The Medical Marijuana Advisory Committee is coordinated by the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy (SOBP). The committee may develop and submit to the Department of Commerce, the SOBP, and the State Medical Board of Ohio (SMBO) any recommendations related to the Medical Marijuana Control Program and the implementation and enforcement of the related Ohio Revised Code. Its membership includes the following:
- Curtis L. Passafume, Jr, RPh (Chair), practicing pharmacist and member of the SOBP
- Stephanie M. Abel, PharmD, practicing pharmacist
- James “Ted” Bibart, representing patients
- Tony E. Coder, Jr, representing persons involved in the treatment of drug and alcohol addiction
- Michael G. Hirsch, representing agriculture
- Sheriff John Lenhart, representing local law enforcement
- Jason Kaseman, representing labor
- Martin McCarthy, Jr, representing caregivers
- Jerry W. Mitchell, Jr., practicing physician
- Nancy Walsh Mosca, CNP, practicing nurse
- Marcie Seidel, representing persons involved in mental health treatment
- Amol Soin, practicing physician and member of the SMBO
- Michael E. Stanek, representing employers
- Gary L. Wenk, engages in academic research.
Watch future editions of the Weekly Family Medicine Update and visit the Ohio Academy of Family Physicians’ website for updates.