The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians Special Constituencies Forum is seeking delegates to the American Academy of Family Physicians National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL), malady formerly the National Conference of Special Constituencies, to be held Thursday-Saturday, April 30-May 2, 2015, in Kansas City, MO.
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) physicians—an active member of the AAFP who self-identifies as GLBT or who is supportive of GLBT issues
- International medical graduate (IMG) physicians—an active member of the AAFP who graduated from medical school outside the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico
- Minority family physicians—an active member of the AAFP who is Black, Asian, Hawaiian Islander, American Indian, Eskimo, or Hispanic
- New physicians—an active member of the AAFP who has been in practice less than seven years
- Women physicians—an active member of the AAFP who is a woman.
During NCCL you will meet similar family physicians from across the United States, discuss and develop resolutions that shape AAFP policies, and have the chance to be elected for various leadership positions for the next NCCL or as a delegate to the annual AAFP Congress of Delegates.
OAFP delegates to the NCCL are reimbursed for eligible expenses (with the submission of a delegate report and receipts) according to the OAFP reimbursement policy. Delegates are also required to attend the OAFP Members Assembly.
If you are interested in serving as an NCCL delegate, please email a short statement of interest to Membership Services Manager Emily Pavoni no later than Friday, January 2, 2015.