The Cincinnati-Dayton region of Ohio was selected by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Innovation Center as one of seven geographic markets to carry out the Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) initiative (CPC initiative) that launched in October 2012 and ends in December 2016.
Seventy-five practices in the Cincinnati-Dayton market were selected to participate in the CPC initiative. These Ohio and Kentucky practices represent 261 physicians. Practices are located in the following counties: Adams, Brown, Butler, Champaign, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, and Warren in Ohio and Boone, Campbell, Grant, and Kenton in Kentucky.
- Amerigroup (Ohio only)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio
- CareSource (Ohio only)
- Medical Mutual
- Centene Corporation (Ohio only)
- Ohio Medicaid (Aged, Blind, and Disabled).
- Risk-stratified care management
- Access and continuity
- Planned care for chronic conditions and preventive care
- Patient and caregiver engagement
- Coordination of care across the medical neighborhood.