Resident membership in the Academy represents an important step in your career. It signifies your decision to identify and associate with the most knowledgeable physicians in an organization dedicated to advancing and representing the specialty of family medicine.
The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is here to support you through residency, as a new physician, and throughout your family medicine career. Through conferences, scholarships, and other opportunities, the OAFP helps family medicine residents access the resources they need to make their future practices great.
As a member of the OAFP, residents have the opportunity to participate in OAFP activities, network with the family physician community, and receive OAFP publications. In addition, leadership opportunities exist to get involved in the OAFP and the American Academy of Family Physicians through service on the board of directors, and commissions, committees, and forums. By being an Academy leader, you will have a voice and vote on key issues affecting the family medicine specialty.
Ready to join? Apply for membership on the AAFP website today!
Additional Resident Resources:
- Articles for Residents and New Physicians
- What You Need to Know on Path Through Residency and Beyond (Fresh Perspectives, August 9, 2016)
- Fellowships for Family Medicine Graduates
- How to Write a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Transition into Practice
- Benefits of AAFP Membership
- Board Exam Preparation
- Career Choices in Family Medicine
- Compensation Models
- Contract Negotiations: Five Elements to Consider
- Personal Finance for Residents
- Residency Wrap-Up Checklist (resources include looking for a job, negotiating a contract, staying on track for graduation, preparing for the American Board of Family Medicine exam, credentialing, and relocating)
- Salaries, Statistics, and Trends
- Third-Year Electives
- Value of AAFP Membership (video)