Every Third Wednesday of the Month
12:15 – 1:00 p.m.
Online Registration (limited to the first 50 members)
Wellness Wednesdays is a structured, monthly webinar series focused on enhancing professional and personal wellness through the joy of medicine.
The series is moderated by licensed clinical counselor Nelson H. Heise, MA, MS, PC-S, LICDC-CS, clinical director of the Ohio Physicians Health Program (OPHP), and is offered free to Ohio Academy of Family Physicians members. The program takes place the third Wednesday of each month over the typical lunch hour, 12:15-1 p.m.
Webinar Series Schedule
|December 13||Mastering the Art of Gratitude|
- Coordinated articles on the monthly topic in the Weekly Family Medicine Update and promoted on the OAFP website and through the quarterly magazine, The Ohio Family Physician
- Online registration with the option to register once for the entire 11-month series or to register month-to-month for free as a benefit of membership
- Handouts and other practical guides provided to all program participants and added to the Wellness Wednesdays Archive of helpful resources
- Participants are invited to join a closed Facebook group to continue the discussion and support one another.
- Combating Isolation through Focused Socialization
- Creating Emotional Energy through Physical Exercise
- Meditation for Emotional Well-Being
- Mindfulness: Cultivating A Clearer Mind
- Setting Emotional Boundaries for Healthier Relationships
- Time Management Strategies for Busy Docs
- The Power of Vulnerability
- The Virtues of Grittiness and Resiliency
- You Are What You Eat
For more information about the webinar series, please contact Deputy Executive Vice President Kate Mahler, CAE, or call 800.742.7327.
About Our Moderator
|Nelson H. Heise, MA, MS, PC-S, LICDC-CS, brings over 13 years of experience in the mental and behavioral health arena. Having first joined the OPHP in 2014, Mr. Heise serves as OPHP’s clinical director. His duties include facilitation and oversight of activities involved in participant monitoring and compliance. He is responsible for processing all intake calls and coordinating appropriate assessment, treatment, or community referrals. He supervises all daily clinical activities as well as the monitoring and advocacy program services. He has significant knowledge of addiction and the 12-step recovery program. Mr. Heise received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications from Ohio University, Athens, OH. He is a graduate of the Hazelden Graduate School, Center City, MN, where he received his Master’s Degree in addictions counseling. He also has a Masters of Science Degree in Mental Health Counseling from Capella University, Minneapolis, MN. Mr. Heise is a licensed independent chemical dependency counselor as well as a licensed professional clinical counselor.|